Language teachers have some own methods and terms for this way of training learners of the language. Firstly, they divide business English learners into two categories :
- job experienced language learners who work in companies or other business instructions, such as managers, office staff and other professionals;
- pre-experienced, in other words low -experienced, language learners from universities, colleges or trade and commerce schools who study business courses (Ellis, 2000).
The materials and methods are various in these categories depending on the outlook and background knowledge of the learners. These approaches, methods, activities for preparing business people to be competent language specialists, are the results of long-term researches and observations. Generally, these learners pick up their knowledge of trade or management largely from books and articles for this occasion they know English more theoretically not practically. While teaching students of business it is crucial to have authentic learning mterials for the audience. A key issue in considering any teaching process is its dependency to authenticity. It must be taken into consideration that students hardly learn business English in classrooms. Because practice is a lot different from theory. Therefore, the feasible approach is considered to employ methods and strategies which help to create authentic business contexts in classroom where the learners can understand business concepts and situations and then be able to practise or perform their abilities in language. When teachers are selecting a lot of books which are popular all over the world, they may look useful and particularly but there is a simple but difficult tasl for the teacher is to find out relevant book. Basically, there are three types of business English books or materials for teaching and learning: framework materials, authentic materials, tailor-made materials (Frendo, 2005). Framework materials are characterized as "diagrammatic representations" and they can not be used as a tool for teaching language but are analysis or research papers of scientists. Authentic materials are newspapers, magazines, and the broad source of company specific materials. The last one is tailor-made materials refer to materials that are designed or produced by the teachers to satisfy specific needs of the students. First and foremost thing in selecting teaching materials it is necessary to emphasize to the high credibility of materials. They also should be up-to-date and attractive. There are many types of authentic materials which can be used in classroom:
- coursebooks or materials which are designed for teaching business people;
- advertisements, illustrations, commercial documents or diagrams to demonstrate business concepts;
- case studies or teaching cases are important in teaching business atmosphere too. Because they contain a lot of available information belongs to the sphere as long as cases provide wide range of vocabulary and topic related words, life experiences in business and others. Cases are not presented with their own analysis, but the learners are to apply the theory they learnt to a " real situation ";
- the B.B.C. World Service provides various materials to teach business English for language learners. Such as thematic lessons, listening tracks with exercises and relevant vocabulary tasks;
Framework materials are essential tool to be utilized in a certain context to guide learners in expressing ideas, giving short explanations or describing situations. They can include analysis of Product, Price, Place and Promotion. It will be a must demand for the sphere of business administration. It will help to the learners to develop their skills and knowledge in language.
Tailor-made materials are the ones produced by teachers with the help of authentic materials, framework, case studies and course books. For instance, reading comprehension texts can be adopted from popular business magazines like, Wallstreet, Business Today, Forbes, The Economist and others. While selecting listening tasks for students it is advised to choose tracks from B.B.C radio broadcasts about finance or business. Combining tailor-made materials with authentic materials is an effective method in conducting lesson for business English students. Business skills can be promoted by simulations. It is relatively easy and it may be defined as a role play. Simulation may effectively be used in developing students' presentation skills. By giving cases study of innovating a product the learners will have to cooperate and practise the process. New vocabulary is to be given beforehand to encourage them to use language more.